I know that some of my readers may want to know where the NIMC enrolment centres are in their areas. It is for this reason that I am writing this article.
National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has different registration centres across all the thirty-six state including FCT. We are even made to understand from their portal that special centres may be set up for enrolment in some areas to operate for relatively shorter periods of time before being decommissioned.
The service fee for the enrolment is free
Availability: Monday – Friday (8a.m. to 4 p.m.)
The percentage of availability is 95 % and it is dependent of the following factors
- Availability of the NIMS Backend.
- Availability of Network for data transmission.
- Availability of power for the enrolment system.
Recommended: How to obtain NIN
How to Check Enrolment centres
- Visit the Enrolment portal
- Click on a State on the map above or use the links below to see more information on Enrolment Centres in each State.
- Then locate the one nearest to you
Note that this list is being regularly updated.
Procedures at NIMC Enrolment Centres
- Applicant walks in to an Enrolment Centre with supporting documents and is verified not have previously enrolled.
- Applicant gets and fills the Enrolment Form, providing the required demographic information.
- Applicant approaches the Enrolment Officer who collects the filled form and inputs the details into the Enrolment Application.
- Applicant verifies and confirms the enrolment data on the system.
- Applicant has his/her headshot photograph, fingerprints and signature captured.
- Applicant has his/her supporting documents scanned.
- Applicant’s enrolment is acknowledged; two slips are generated and given to the applicant: (a) Transaction Slip (b) NIN Slip indicating completion of enrolment.