School of Health Information Management, Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, Ile Ife [SHIM, OAUTHC] is now selling application forms for admission into its National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes for the 2021/2022 academic session..
Interested candidates who must have sat for the 2021 UTME examination and obtained five (5) O’level credits at not more than two sittings [in English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science and Chemistry] are eligible to apply.
In addition to the above, all ND applicants must know that final admission into the school shall be based on the JAMB-UTME approved cut-off marks as later decided by JAMB for Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Colleges of Education in the 2021/2022 academic session.
Upon completion of the course graduates of the school are to participate in the National Youth Service Corps Scheme (NYSC) of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Entry Qualifications For OAUTHC School of Health Admission
- Candidates seeking for ND admission must have obtained the minimum entry requirement of five (5) credits at not more than two sittings in the WASC/SSCE/NECO/NABTEB in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science, Chemistry/Physics and any other subject such as Geography, Economics and Civic Education.
- Candidates who sat for the 2021 JAMB examination and have chosen this school [SHIM OAUTHC, Ile-Ife] in the JAMB application form are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who sat for the year 2021 JAMB EXAMINATION and did not chose SHIM, OAUTHC, ILE-IFE, but wish to do a change of Institution to SHIM, OAUTHC, ILE-IFE are qualify to apply.
- Candidates intending to pursue the 2-year HND programme must have obtained in addition to 5 credits at O’levels, the National Diploma Certificate (not below Lower Credit) in Health Information Management, together with evidence of completion of one year (compulsory) Industrial Attachment in a reputable health institution, or an individual with a technician/ professional diploma certificate from a recognized school of health technology.
- Pregnancy is prohibited during training
Conditions for Admission
Selection of candidates will be based on the possession of requisite academic qualifications, good performance in both the written examination and oral interview. The written examination for ND applicants will be tested in:
- English Language
- General paper
How to Apply OAU Teaching Hospitals School of Health Admission
Interested ND applicants are to pay a non-refundable fee of N2,000.00 while HND applicants are to pay N6,500.00 through REMITTA payable to OAUTHC, Ile-Ife account.
NAME OF SERVICE/PURPOSE: STUDENT’S FEES
DESCRIPTION: 2021/2022 SHIM FORM.
On presentation of the evidence of payment, application forms are to be collected from;
School of Health Information Management,
OAUTHC, P.M.B. 5538,
Completed application forms must be returned to the SHIM, OAUTHC not later than Tuesday, 24th August, 2021. Post-JAMB examination/oral interview for all applicants comes up between Wednesday, 25th and Thursday, 26th August, 2021 in the school premises by 9:00am.