I know that the reasoning why you are reading this article is to know the UNIZIK cut-off mark 2020/2021 and to deduce whether you will be offered admission based on your JAMB score.
In every admission year at Nnamdi Azikwe University, the JAMB cut off mark has been 180 and 200 depending on the course you want to study.
[Update: the current cut-off mark is yet to be released. However, the mark given in this article has been what the school has been using for past admission]
UNIZIK Cut Off Mark For All Courses
Courses in UNIZIK that require you to meet the cut off mark of 200 are listed below:
COURSES WITH CUT-OFF MARK OF 200:
- BIOSCIENCES: Applied Biochemistry, Applied Microbiology.
- HEALTH SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY: Medical Laboratory Science, Medical Rehabilitation, Nursing Science, Radiography.
- LAW, MEDICINE & SURGERY, PHARMACY, SOCIAL SCIENCES
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES: Computer Science only.
FACULTIES/ PROGRAMMES WITH CUT-OFF MARK OF 180.
- ARTS, BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES, EDUCATION, ENGINEERING, MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- BIOSCIENCES: Biological Science, Botany, Parasitology & Entomology, Zoology.
- HEALTH SCIENCE&TECHNOLOGY: Environmental Health Science.
FACULTIES/ PROGRAMMES WITH CUT- OFF MARK OF 160.
- AGRICULTURE, ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES: Chemistry, Geological Science, Geophysics, Mathematics, Physics and Industrial Physics, Pure & Industrial Chemistry, Statistics.
- All Affiliate Institutions.
One thing about UNIZIK is that their admission is purely on merit. That said, excelling in their PUTME (Post UTME) is another criteria you must fulfilled.
So every candidate who made the UNIZIK cut off mark (which is the combination of UTME-PUTME-aggregate score) is approved during the merit admission except candidates with wrong subject combination.
In addition, candidates who are not given admission for their chosen course are re-distributed to other department based on their aggregate score.
Read the quote below for clarification.
Every candidate who made above 50% in PUTME from any department was admitted and re-distributed to other departments depending on available space and performance
Furthermore, every candidate who had up to 40% in PUTME and 200 (aggregate) in the Faculty of Management Science was admitted
Then, every candidate who had up to 40% in PUTME and 160 (aggregate) in the Faculty of Management Science and Engineering was also admitted.
In summary, if you want to gain admission into UNIZIK, you must have minimum of five credit in WAEC/NECO, meet the cut-off mark, and score above 50% in PUTME.