The Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State initially known as FUNAI courses and admission requirements for entry into undergraduate academic programmes are stated below. This is for candidates seeking admission or how to gain admission into the university.
List of courses offered at FUNAI
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Agriculture (Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Animal Science, Crop Science, Soil Science,)
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Education English and Literary Studies
- Educational Foundations (Education Management, Education Guidance & Counseling)
- Physical and Health Education (Health Education, Physical Education)
- Science Education (Education Biology, Education Chemistry, Education Mathematics, Education Physics,)
- Vocational and Technical Education (Agricultural Education, Business Education,)
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
- English and Literary Studies
- Fine and Applied Arts
- History and Strategic Studies
- Theatre Arts
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Criminology and Security Studies
- Economics and Development Studies
- Mass communication
- Political Science
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Computer Science
FUNAI Admission Requirement for Undergraduate Programms
Prospective students would need to satisfy the following general requirements before they are offered admission to the Federal University, Ndufu Alike Ikwo.
For admission to 100 Level (UMEa), candidates must:
- Obtain five (5) credit passes at SSCE (or equivalent) in relevant subjects at not more than two sittings; and
- An acceptable score in Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in relevant subjects.
B. For admission to 200 level (direct entry), candidates should, in addition to five SSCE credit passes as in a (1) above, obtain at least two A’level (or its equivalent) passes in relevant subjects or possess NCE or OND with credit passes, or possess a good first degree in another field as the case may be.
In addition to the above general requirements, prospective students must satisfy faculty/departmental requirements. And this can only be achieved after such candidate has sat for FUNAI Post UTME.