The Top-Up degree and HND to B.sc conversion provide suitable academic programmes that would facilitate conversion from HND to university degree certification. It helps to facilitate university education that will lead to change of degree or career where necessary. And the programme is designed so as to help those that are currently working.
HND conversion is a platform one can use to convert his/her HND to BSC by obtaining HND conversion programme in some Nigeria universities that offer it.
Conversion programme in Nigeria always take up to 2 or 3 academic sessions.
List of Universities offering HND to B.Sc Conversion and Top-Up Degree
- Southwestern University
- Babcock University
- Bells University
- Caleb University
- Kwara State University
- Ekiti State University
- Delta State University
- Wesley University Ondo
- Al-Hikmah University Ilorin
- Ajayi Crowther University
- National Open University of Nigeria
- Federal University Oye-Ekiti
- University of Port-Harcourt
- Lagos State University Conversion Degree
- Igbinedion University
Admission Requirements for HND to B.Sc Conversion and Top-Up Degree
- Applicants must possess a minimum of five (5) O’Level subjects including English Language at credit level In relevant subjects In not more than two(2)sittings in the subjects relevant to their proposed programmes.
- Minimum of Third Class Honors or Pass degree or HND certificate from a recognized institution is required for conversion programme.
- Completion or exemption from the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Scheme
It ranges from N140,000 to N160,000 depending on the university you want undergo the programme with. The fee is flexible and can pay in two installments.
- If you are not yet working and you have HND (upper credit), you can purchase a direct entry form and you will gain admission into 200 level full time B.sc/B.A programme in any of the Nigerian Universities.
- Schools like University of Ibadan (UI), University of Lagos (UNILAG), Ladoke Akintola University (LAUTECH), etc. offer distance learning programme which is also designed for people the working class. For example, LAUTECH ODL is very fast and not affected by any strike. The program started with 4 courses (B.sc Computer science, B.Sc Accounting, B.Sc Marketing and BN.Sc Nursing) and the tuition fees is 100k which can be paid in two installments. The program is 4 years duration.
Related Article: Polytechnic should be made to award B.Tech