Some of the candidates that registered for JAMB were unable to link their email to JAMB profile or CAPS during registration. This was not their fault as JAMB registration does not require any candidate to provide his or her email address.
The reason why JAMB ban use of email during registration is to prevent fraudsters from stealing candidates’ email address and use to commit fraud. And this is why candidates do not have their email addresses linked to the JAMB profile. However, at the conclusion of the 2022 UTME/DE Registration exercise, candidates will provide their email addresses only after the 2022 UTME/DE registration exercise has been declared closed by JAMB through
- Mobile APP on his/her registered phone
- Sending the word email (space then the email address) on his /her registered phone to 55019
The email address and password is needed when you want to check your JAMB admission status on JAMB Caps. Without these details, you can accept or reject your admission on your profile.
How to link your email To JAMB Profile
Below are the steps to get your login details to access your profile on JAMB portal
- Send Email (space) “your email” (space) “your email” to 55019 as an SMS. For example Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org (Note: use the SIM you used when registering for JAMB to send this detail. Also use Gmail account because it is the most preferred email by JAMB. Ensure you have up to N50 on your phone as service charge.)
- After you have sent the SMS, you will receive an email from JAMB containing your details (password inclusive) to access your admission status.
How to link your email without SMS
- Visit https://jamb.gov.ng/EfacilityLogin
- Click on ‘create account’
- Fill in all the details provided (Note: You are advised to create an account with a valid email address because all vital information will be sent to the email you supplied Yahoo mails are not encouraged due to delay in delivery)
- Click on ‘verify e-mail’
- After that, your email has been linked
Another way you can link your email without SMS if you can do it yourself is to go to the cyber cafe where you did your registration, the administration there will help you out without stress.
Deadline For Linking Email To JAMB
The process of linking your email to JAMB portal has no deadline as this is a continuous process. Even the board hasn’t make any announcement as to whether there is a deadline or not. In view of this, if you are yet to link your email, endeavour to do so now.