This page will give you all the information needed on the subjects needed to study Computer Science in Nigerian Universities. The course is under faculty of science in the University. It is a four-year course in conventional university (award B.Sc) while in University of technology it is a five –year course (Award B.Tech).
Admission Requirements for Computer Science Course
JAMB Subject Combination for Computer science
- Use of English
- and one (1) of Biology, Chemistry, Agric Science, Economics and Geography
Note: In order to study computer science as a course in Nigerian University, you must meet the minimum JAMB cut-off mark.
WAEC or NECO Requirements for Computer science
Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics plus two (2) other science subjects.
- UNILAG requires English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Further Mathematics, and Chemistry or Biology. LAGOS Further Mathematics is compulsory
- UNIJOS accepts ‘O’ level credit pass in Further Mathematics in lieu of Mathematics.
- UNIBEN requires two (2) Science subjects in addition to Mathematics and Physics.
- UNN requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include Mathematics, English Language, Physics and any two (2) from Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Economics.
- DELSU requires ‘O’ level credit passes in any two (2) of Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Geography.
- FUNAAB requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- FUTA requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit pass at not more than two (2) sittings including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry plus one (1) other Science subject.
- ABU requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Geography.
Direct Entry Requirements
(a) Very good passes in the following three (3) JUPEB/’A’level subjects: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Biology. Candidates must have Further Mathematics at ‘O’ level.
(b) Direct Entry into Computer Science for LAGOS is four (4) Years
UNN – Direct Entry into Computer Science is four (4) years but for combined courses is it three (3) years.
Computer Science – accepts ND upper credit in Computer Science or HND lower credit in Computer Science. Does not accept ND in Data Processing.
UNIBEN, in addition to the UTME requirements accepts
(a) ND upper credit HND lower credit in Data Processing/ Computer Science/Statistics or Science Laboratory Technology.
(b) NCE credit in Mathematics and any other Science Subject.
(a) two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Science subjects including Mathematics and Physics
(b) ND upper credit in Computer Science.
(c) NCE credit in Computer Science/Mathematics, Computer Science/Physics, Mathematics/Physics.
(a) two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Mathematics, Pure or Applied and Physics.
(b) ND/HND upper credit in Computer Science or any other Mathematics Based programmes.
FUTO requires two (2) ‘A’ level passes not below Grade C in Mathematics and any other Science subject. It also accepts ND/HND upper credit in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering. Candidates must in addition meet the UTME requirements. It does not accept First Degree or NCE.
LASU accepts ‘A’ level passes in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
a) ND upper credit in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics/Electronics Engineering or related programmes.
b) NCE credit in Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science.
c) Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Computer Science/Mathematics, Computer Science/Physics.
Recommended: 10 best courses to study for science students