UBA Essay Competition is now on and entries are being accepted from Senior Secondary school students in Nigeria.
The deadline for submission of entries for the Essay writing Competition is 2nd October, 2020.
UBA Foundation, the CSR arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, announces the commencement of the 2020 edition of the National Essay Competition (NEC) for senior secondary school students in Nigeria. The NEC provides a competitive platform to develop the intellectual and writing abilities of senior secondary school students in Nigeria. Winners get educational grants to study in any African University of their choice.
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition Topic:
- “Do you think that the lock down during the Covid-19 pandemic was an essential measure in spite of the hardship it brought economically?
- What would you have done differently and why?”
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition Eligibility:
- Be a Secondary School Student
- Must submit a handwritten essay
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or passport
Judge: The panels of judges are made up of Professors from reputable Nigerian Universities.
- 1st Prize: N2,500,000 or its local currency equivalent towards university tuition/ fees
- 2nd Prize: N2,000,000 or its local currency equivalent towards university tuition/ fees
- 3rd Prize: N1,500,000 or its local currency equivalent towards university tuition/ fees
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition Selection Procedure
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment.
- Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition.
How to Participate in UBA Essay Competition
Interested and qualified candidates must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address). Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Entries to:
Drop-Off at any UBA Business Office in Nigeria for onward delivery to UBA Foundation.
If you need additional info, visit the official link.