WIPO National Intellectual Property Essay Competition 2023/2024
WIPO national essay competition 2023/2024 entries is currently open for all registered students of tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
As part of efforts to celebrate this day, the WIPO Nigeria Office welcomes the participation of all students of tertiary institutions across Nigeria in a National Intellectual Property Essay Competition. In line with the theme for the World Intellectual Property Day, essay entries should address the topic “Making innovation work for a green future in Nigeria.
Essay entries on the topic “Gender inclusivity as a strategy to drive innovation and creativity in Nigeria” will be assessed for factual accuracy, imagination, originality and innovative thought, by an independent expert panel of judges drawn from leading intellectual property practitioners, policy experts, scholars and regulators from across the country.
Participation will provide students with an unparalleled opportunity to research and learn more about the field of intellectual property, and contribute fresh ideas to the narrative around sustainable and environmentally-friendly innovation in Nigeria.
Entries should be no longer than 1,500 words and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: Initial.Surname_WIPD23 Essay Competition (e.g., T.Olayemi_WIPD23 Essay Competition).Winners will be announced in June.
Who can participate in WIPO National Essay competition
This competition is open to all registered students of tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
What will the judges look for
- Clarity of expression, flow, and thought.
- Relevance and practicality of essay within the local Nigerian context.
- Relevance of essay to the field of intellectual property.
- Contribution of essay to relevant national, regional, or international developments in the area selected by the author.
WIPO National Intellectual Property essay competition Benefits
- Author of the winning essay will be awarded a scholarship by the WIPO Academy to attend the WIPO Summer School in South Africa.
- Authors of the top three essays will receive special WIPO gift packages, including official WIPO certificates of achievement.
- Authors of the top 10 essays will be invited to participate in an intellectual property study tour of key intellectual property institutions in Nigeria, facilitated by the WIPO Nigeria Office.
- Authors of the top 10 essays will receive scholarships for WIPO Academy Distance Learning and/or Blended IP Training in international/subregional programs.
- Top entries will be submitted to the editors of the WIPO Magazine for possible publication.
- Several other exciting intellectual property learning and professional prizes will be won!
Read: NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition