This article is written for candidates searching for Lautech cut off mark 2020/2021, post UTME cut off mark, how to write Lautech post UTME, and how to calculate their aggregate admission score.
Firstly, you need to understand that Ladoke Akintola University admission is strictly on merit. This implies that, if you meet the JAMB cut off mark, Pass the Post UTME, and have 5 O’level credit in the relevant subjects, your admission to the school is sure.
Different courses in the school have a different cut off mark and this is so because of the competitiveness of some of the courses being offered in the school. For instance, the Lautech departmental cut off mark for medicine is different from Nursing, Elect/Elect engineering, Agricultural economics, and extension, etc.
LAUTECH JAMB Cut Off Mark
For an applicant to be eligible for LAUTECH post UTME screening exercise he/she must have scored 160 and above in the last University Matriculation Examination i.e. 160 is the cut-off mark
However, candidates who scored less than 200 marks may not be considered for admission to Medicine and Nursing programmes of the University.
The implication is that you are eligible to write the school’s post JAMB.
LAUTECH Post UTME cut off mark
I saw somewhere where a candidate was asking that does Lautech write Post UTME. The answer is yes. Lautech does conduct Post-UTME screening exercise for all of her applicants and the test is CBT. This has been the method the university has been using from the time before offering admission to qualified applicants.
The aggregate score for the Post JAMB is 50% i.e the total post jamb score is 100 and it will be divided by 2.
LAUTECH Departmental Cut-Off mark
At this point, you will need to understand how the school calculates its aggregate admission score. This will give you a hint about whether you will be offered admission or not.
The LAUTECH Aggregate JAMB Score is 50% (your jamb score divided by 8) and it will be added to Post UTME Score which is also 50% and the total score obtainable is 100%.
Below is the minimum departmental mark for all the courses offered in the school.
Faculty of Agricultural Sciences (FAGS)
- Agric Economics (AEC) – Merit: 57.85; Catchment: 43.0
- Agric Extension and Rural Development (AER)– Merit: 55.95; Catchment: 41.1
- Animal Nutrition and Biotechnology (ANB) – Merit: 56.6; Catchment: 44.6
- Animal Production and Health (APH) – Merit: 57.85; Catchment: 40.65
- Crop Production and Soil Science (CPS) – Merit: 50.35; Catchment: 40.0
- Crop and Environmental Protection (CEP) – Merit: 48.0; Catchment: 40.0
Faculty of Management Sciences (FMS)
- Accounting (ACT) – Merit: 62.2; Catchment: 54.75
- Business Managment – Merit: 58.05; Catchment: 41.55
- Economics – Merit: 61.85; Catchment: 43.5
- Marketing (MKT) – Merit: 58.1; Catchment: 39.4
- Transport Management (TPM) – Merit: 57.5; Catchment: 44.7
Faculty of Engineering Technology (FET)
- Agricultural Engineering (AGE) – Merit: 56.8; Catchment: 43.9
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) – Merit: 60.7; Catchment: 48.35
- Civil Engineering (CVE) – Merit: 63.7; Catchment: 54.35
- Chemical Engineering (CHE) – Merit: 64.85; Catchment: 48.1
- Food Science and Engineering (FSE) – Merit: 58.5; Catchment: 45.0
- Mechanical Engineering (MEE)– Merit: 62.75; Catchment: 52.4
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)– Merit: 60.75; Catchment: 51.7
Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences (PAS)
- Pure and Applied Biology (PAB) – Merit: 55.9; Catchment: 41.1
- Pure and Applied Chemistry (PAC) – Merit: 55.4; Catchment: 42
- Pure and Applied Mathematics (PAM) – Merit: 55.7; Catchment: 44.55
- Pure and Applied Physics (PAP) – Merit: 56.1; Catchment: 45.15
- Earth Sciences (ESC) – Merit: 51.7; Catchment: 40.0
- Science Laboratory Technology (SLT) – Merit: 58.6; Catchment: 52.7
- Statistics (STA) – Merit: 55.35; Catchment: 44.3
Faculty of Environmental Sciences (FES)
- Architecture (ARC) – Merit: 63.2; Catchment: 54.4
- Fine and Applied Arts (FAA) – Merit: 59.0; Catchment: 40.0
- Urban and Regional Planning (URP) – Merit: 57.5; Catchment: 40.35
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences (FBMS)
- Anatomy (ANA)– Merit: 58.95; Catchment: 49.15
- Biochemistry (BCH) – Merit: 60.6; Catchment: 53.55
- Physiology (PSG) – Merit: 59.9; Catchment: 52.25
Faculty of Clinical Sciences (FCS)
- Medicine (MED) – Merit: 80.9; Catchment: 77.3
- Biomedical – Merit: 70.45; Catchment: 64.4
Faculty of Nursing Sciences
- Nursing (NUR) – Merit: 71.75; Catchment: 66.6
Faculty of Food and Consumer Sciences
- Food Science – Merit: 57.05; Catchment: 42.4
- Nutrition and Dietetics – Merit: 57.9; Catchment: 42.65
Faculty of Computing and Informatics
- Computer Science– Merit: 62.4; Catchment: 57.75
- Cyber Security Science – Merit: 56.9; Catchment: 43.7
- Information System Science – Merit: 51.5; Catchment: 40
Candidates who met the cut-off marks are then offered admission.
Read: Lautech Admission list