Which course can I study without Physics i.e. with a pass in physics (D7, E8, F9)? These are some questions many students do ask when it comes to securing admission into the university. Furthermore, similar questions include;
- what are courses that don’t require physics?
- Or Engineering courses without physics?
- Universities that accept pass in physics?
- is there any science course without physics?
All of the questions above will be answered below. One thing I want you to understand is that each university has different criteria, some courses can be studied without physics or requires a pass in physics (d7 or E8) while others require a credit pass in physics (A1 – C6) to study science courses in their university or to gain admission into such University.
The information below is gotten from JAMB Brochure and you can confirm for yourself from it. JAMB through its brochure provides you with information about the list of universities offering a particular course, Jamb combination subjects, O’level requirements, and special consideration (waiver). It is there to assist you so as to make informed decision about the University of your Choice.
List of courses to study without Physics or credit pass in Physics
Below are the general list of courses without physics
- Agricultural Economics
- Animal Production and Science
- Biological Sciences
- Building and buiding technology
- Crop Production and Science
- Estate Management
- Food Science and Technology
- Industrial Chemistry
- Soil Science
- Transport management technology
- Urban and Regional Planning
List of Engineering courses without physics/without credit pass in physics
Below are the engineering courses to study without physics i.e. without credit pass in physics with universities that accept it:
- Building and buiding technology – MAUTY accepts Mathematics and any three of Building Construction, Geography, Economics, Physics, Chemistry and Technical Drawing.
- Computer Engineering – NTNU accepts English Language, Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry and any other two Science subjects.
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering – NTNU accepts English Language, Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry and any other two Science subjects.
- Food science and Technology – BELLS requires five SSCE Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics/ Agricultural Science/ Geography or Economics/ Food and Nutrition. May consider a pass in Physics at O’ level.
- Transport management technology – LAUTECH requires any two Science Subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Agric Science
- Urban and regional planning – FUTA requires five credits at not more than two sittings in SSCE, WASSCE, NECO, or its equivalent in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Geography and any two subjects from Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science, Economics, and Technical Drawing. The prospective candidate must have at least a pass in Physics.
List of Science courses to study without physics/without credit pass in physics
Below are the science courses to study without physics i.e. without credit pass in physics with the universities that accept it:
- Biochemistry – EBSU accepts Agric. Sci in lieu of Biology and a pass in Physics. EBSU requires credits in Mathematics or Physics. GOUU accepts credit pass in any other Science subject in lieu of Physics. SAU accepts credit pass in Technical Drawing, Agricultural Science or Geography in lieu of Physics
- Biological science – Five SSCE credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and any other Science subject. This is the general O’ level requirements for biological science. BSU, OOU, KSU, FUTO, FED-LOKOJA, OSUSTECH, CRUTECH, ABU, FUNNAB, FUTA, and GOUU require credit pass in Physics. However, universities like NDA (requires the fifth subject from Physics, Agricultural Science, Geography or Health Science). BAUCHI requires at least a pass in Physics.
- Geology – FUTMINNA requires at least D7 or E8 in Physics. This means having pass (d7 or E8) in physics is acceptable by Futminna to study geology
- Geography – You can study geography at any University offering it with D7 or E8 in physics. The general O’ level requirements are five SSCE credit passes to include English language, Mathematics, Geography and any other two science subjects.”
- Statistics – The O’ level requirements are Mathematics and at least three subjects from Physics, Statistics, Chemistry, Further Mathematics, Economics and Geography. This means you can study statics in most universities that offers statics with pass in physics. However, IMS, KWARARAFA, FUNAAB, FUTA, AUE, FED-LAFIA, LAUTECH, FUTO require credit pass in physics.
ESUTECH requires English Language, Mathematics and three credit passes out of Physics, Statistics, Economics, Biology, Chemistry, Further Mathematics and Agricultural Science.
EBSU accepts two other credit passes from Biology, Economics, Physics and Statistics.
BENIN accepts Credit passes in English language, Mathematics and any three of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science or Geography.
DELSU accepts English Language, Mathematics and any of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Further Mathematics, Economics and Geography.
This means you may have pass physics and still study industrial mathematics at the above universities
GOUU and KUST require five ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and any other Science subject.
AJAYI (Ajayi Crowder University) accepts Geography in lieu of Physics
AUN requires Five ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, and any other three subjects from the following; Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science, Biology, Further Mathematics, Literature in English,
MINNA (FUTMINNA) requires five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry and any other two subjects from Physics, Biology, Further Mathematics, geography and Technical Drawing.
FED-DUTSE accepts ND, HND, NCE, IJMB in addition to 5 O/level Credit passes in Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics/Physics.
BENIN (Uniben) and ABSU accept D7 or E8 in Physics
UI requires 5 or 6 ‘O’ level credits passes at one or two sittings include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and any one or two of Physics, Geography and Agric Science
FED-OYEEKITI (plant science and biotechnology) accepts five ‘O’ level Credit passes to include English language and Mathematics and any three of Biology, Chemistry, Technical Drawing, Agricultural Science and Geography.
O’level general requirements English Language, Mathematics, Biology and two other science subject.
LASU requires chemistry plus at least D7 or E8 in Physics.
UYO requires a Credit passes in Mathematics and Chemistry and may accept P.7 in Physics.
MADONNA and EBSU accept D7 or E8 in Physics with credit in Mathematics.
MINNA requires at least a pass in Physics with Credit pass in any other Science subject
KSUSTA accepts credit pass in Geography or Agricultural Science in lieu of Physics
(a) For Environmental Science and Toxicology accepts credit pass in Geography in lieu of Physics.
(b) For Microbiology accepts any other Science subject in lieu of Physics.
Note: There are still more courses you can study without physics i.e. with pass in physics, if you check through the brochure for special consideration for some universities.
Recommended: 15 best courses to study in Nigerian Universities