To do well in JAMB UTME especially in Physics, you have to prepare with textbooks that are easy to read and comprehend and textbooks that have questions and answers in them. Also to aid your understanding when reading the physics textbooks, you can go through JAMB syllabus for physics.
As a physics teacher, there are textbooks I think will be of help to student writing JAMB and Post-UTME. And I will be using this page to list the books. Also students that are still in Senior Secondary Schools can make use of any of the textbooks I listed below.
If you want to pass and score high in JAMB physics, I will recommend that you have more than two of the textbooks. The reason is that these texts treat each topic in physics differently, and this implies that you get a better understanding when you read a topic in more than one book.
Furthermore, you might be interested in the physics scheme of work that I have compiled to guide you through while reading any of the textbooks.
Best Physics Textbook In Nigeria For JAMB UTME
- University Physics with Modern Physics 13th Edition by Young and Freedman
- College Physics 9th Edition by Hugh D. Young
- Ike E.E (2014) Essential Principles of Physics, Jos ENIC publishers
- Ike E.E (2014) Numerical Problems and Solutions in Physics, Jos ENIC publishers
- Nelson M. (1977) Fundamentals of Physics, Great Britain, Hart Davis Education
- Nelson M. and Parker. (1989) Advance Level Physics, (Sixth Edition) Heinemann
- Okeke P.N and Anyakoha M.W. (2000) Senior Secondary School Physics, Lagos, Pacific Printers
- Olumuyionwa A. and Ogunkoya O. O (1992) Comprehensive Certificate Physics, Ibadan: University Press Plc.
- Lamlad Physics
- New School Physics
Download this physics textbook for free prepared by me: Preparatory Guide Physics
Some of these physics textbooks are recommended by JAMB, and 3 out of them are included by me. Also, the books above are available in bookshops in any part of the country at an affordable price.
Kindly note that preparation, planning, and effective practice is the secret to success in any exam.
Recommended: JAMB recommended textbooks for candidates