How a teacher can improve his/her success rate
“The success of a teacher is determined by the success of his students ~servantboy”
Statistics have shown that majority of students under a boring teacher/lecturer fail the subject/course been taught by such a teacher. Although, part of the qualities of a good teacher is that he must be inspiring. This has been a challenge in our educational system for decades, any student that desires success must be able to move through this barrier. Effort is now being made by institutions and organizations to give seminars and workshops to teachers.
I can never forget teachers that impacted me academically, they achieved this through the way they efficiently taught me and show me care. They are interesting and lively teachers whom I will always remember.
It is important that teachers should stand up to change the failure rate by working on how to properly deliver the content of their course. Moreover, students must be able to see the passion and joy of impacting the knowledge on the students from the teachers. Many teachers today, took up teaching job out of frustration because there is no alternative. And therefore, the joy of being a teacher is not in them which invariably affect the quality of their teaching.
For you to be successful as a teacher you must be able to do the following:
- Have a lot of enthusiasm for the job: This is very crucial for a better delivery. Lack of enthusiasm has been one of the factor that contribute to teachers’ being boring, some people believe it is because of a low pay or such a teacher is just using the job to while away time.
- Communicate the subject in terms of the students’ needs and interests. The interest of the students must be put first before designing the strategy to use for the teaching.
- Love your students: Love is a great drive which can enhance a superb delivery in class. If you love your students you will not want to appear boring. Your love must not be performance dependent, love them unconditionally. This is where most teachers get it wrong, they always show love to students are performing academically while looking down on students that are struggling.
- Smile always.
- Have a thorough understanding of the subject: confidence to deliver comes when you are an authority in your field. This will help you to map up a plan that will make your students to enjoy your class at all time.
- Have high expectation of your students: Whatever you expect is what you get. When you think high of them you will have the zeal to impact them more with joy.
- Always establish eye contact with your students: Don’t look timid before you students.
- Always speak louder and communicate effectively.
- Be caring to your students.
Related Article: Qualities of a good teacher