MasterCard Foundation scholarship provides financial, social and academic support to Scholars. Financial support includes, but is not limited to, tuition fees, accommodation, books and other scholastic materials, and a return air ticket if studies are pursued at a university outside of a Scholar’s country of citizenship for Sub-Saharan Africans.
For both undergraduates and graduates in all fields except medicine. You can refer to the Universities for courses available.
The scholarship is obtainable in the below mentioned universities, applicants are required to apply direct to the university via a special way (see university’s websites).
The universities you can apply to are:
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- McGill University MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- Michigan State University.
- Stanford University.
- Arizona State University.
- Wellesley College.
- University of California Berkely MasterCard Scholarships
- Duke University.
- University of American, Beirut.
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
- Asheshi University.
Country: South Africa
- University of pretoria MasterCard Scholarship
- African leaders Academy
A list of MCF Partners offering undergraduate scholarships:
- Ashesi University, Ghana
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda
- Duke University, USA
- EARTH University, Costa Rica
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana
- Makerere University, Uganda
- McGill University, Canada
- Michigan State University, USA
- University of British Columbia, Canada
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- University of Pretoria, South Africa
- University of Toronto, Canada
- Wellesley College, USA
Application process for MasterCard Scholarships
Follow the application instructions on the university Program. Some partners only accept online applications; some others require paper-based applications.
Take note of the deadline and avoid waiting until the last day to submit your application. Check your application package to make sure that you have submitted all the required documents. A late or incomplete application will not be considered for the Scholars Program.
Generally, students considered for the Program are academically strong and have demonstrated leadership potential and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of others. For an undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree, candidates must be 29 or under at the time of applying. For a graduate (Master’s) degree, candidates must be 35 years old or under at the time of applying.
Before being considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, every applicant must first meet the admissions requirements of the university. Each partner university has their own eligibility criteria specific to their institution.