Do you have children? You might be surprised how many parents use prayer as an outlet for their kids. As the parent, it is your job to set up their spiritual foundation for your children to become successful adults. Prayer is one step in accomplishing this goal and has been seen as an effective way for those who maximize this weapon!
Parents also spend a lot of money on private lessons and different classes to assist them in growing in their respective lives. However, in all of these activities, the question remains do we pray enough for our little ones? Learn from this article 20 powerful prayers for children that can be used to secure your children’s future.
Prayer is the heart of a parent,” says one mother. Prayer could be as simple and intuitive as speaking up when you see something that needs to change in your child’s life or asking God-as if He were sitting next to them at their desk writing that difficult assignments-to bless them with success on tests.
Different Prayer Points for Children
Prayer for generosity
1. “They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.” 1 Timothy 6:18-19. My children shall be the epitome of generosity.
Prayer for wisdom
2. According to Proverbs 9:10, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom…”. I pray that the fear of the Lord shall be rooted in the heart of my children.
Prayer for utmost protection
3. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings, you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart…He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.” Psalm 91:1-2, 4, 11
Prayer for your child’s future
4. Heavenly Father, I want to thank you for the gift of life. Thank you for the protection and the future of my family and children. Lord, I am asking that You will order their steps as they thread upon the stones of life.
Prayer for your female child
5. Dear Jesus, I place my daughter in Your hands. I pray that You guide and protect her as she grows gracefully in Your name. Keep her as she grows into a young woman abiding by Your words and teachings as she scales through the challenges of life.
Prayer for your male child
6. Most righteous Father, I thank You for putting me in charge of this remarkable son. I pray he never deviates from Your words and be an ambassador of Your kingdom. And I pray that he learns to follow Your leading.
Prayer for your child’s salvation
7. Dear God, Thank You for our children. We are so thankful that we can share Your love with them and guide their lives according to Your will; please, dear Father, touch their heart and let there be a deep hunger for genuine salvation in them in Jesus’ name.
Prayers Before Sleep for Your Children
8. Dear Jesus, I thank you for the successful activities of the day; I thank you for being with my children in everything they were engaged with. I pray that You will send your angels to guide and protect them as they sleep and that their sleep shall be sweet, and they shall wake up the next day hale to celebrate Your name.
9. Father God, as my children are about to sleep, grant them a unique encounter with Your glory tonight.
10. As my children go to sleep, they shall sleep in peace and wake up with joy.
11. Oh Lord, I thank you that I was able to provide for my children today. And in your infinite mercy, may you wake them up and guide them from the evil that flies at night.
Morning Prayers for your Children
12. Thank you, Lord, for this beautiful new day. Father Lord, please be with my children in everything they do today. Please give them the knowledge, wisdom, and understanding to assimilate whatever they’re taught in school today.
13. Lord, I am praying for perfect health for my children today, praying that their health shall not fail.
14. Oh Lord, give my children the heart to keep and obey Your commandments today. I call upon the Holy Spirit to order their path according to your words in all the day’s activities.
Other Prayers for Children
15. Father Lord, I commit the eyes of my children into Your hands. May their eyes evade the deceptions of the world as they grow according to Your will.
16. Lord, please grant me the wisdom to guide my children in their decisions. Help them find success and happiness as they grow up.
17. May your children always find the light and love within themselves to shine brightly. May they know that life is a precious gift with endless possibilities if only we can see it for what it is–a beautiful journey full of joy!
18. My children’s youthful exuberance will not be a hindrance to their usefulness in life.
19. May my children seek the Lord as their refuge and forever seek Your face in all that they do.
20. Oh Lord, I pray that You take captive of all the ungodly desires of my children so that they may walk following your teachings.
Prayer has been known to help guide and direct those who need guidance; it provides comfort in times of trouble or hardship – even helps with problems at school! So as parents, never take praying for your children as the secondary thing, but let it be the foundation upon which every area of their lives is built.
If you consider these 20 prayers for children helpful, why not share with other parents you know. This way, we can together raise glorious children prepared for a better tomorrow.